Food and cycling paradise in Emilia Romagna and Tuscany
A wonderful week for road cycling enthusiasts, in a genuine paradise for fans of the sport. After our trips in the saddle, we’ll have the chance to relax in the spa areas of the splendid spa hotels we’ll be staying in. For the first three days, we’ll be pedalling through the hills of Forlì and staying in the Grand Hotel Terme della Fratta. On Day 4, after a superb 55 km ride, we’ll reach Bagno di Romagna, in the Foreste Casentinesi National Park, where we’ll be staying at the Grand Hotel Terme Roseo for the remaining three days’ cycling in the mountains of Tuscany… We will naturally be able to enjoy the fabulous local food and wine throughout the week.
Arrival at Bologna airport and private transfer to the Grand Hotel Terme della Fratta. Accommodation in room and a relaxing spa experience on the Path of Natural Harmony and dinner.
Fratta Terme / Teodorano / Fratta Terme
Distance: 54 Km (34 miles) – Altitude: (1150 m)
Wonderful guided bike ride of the most beautiful roads of the Granfondo Nove Colli (Nine Hills) route. We will see the beautiful hills and old castles of Meldola, Cusercoli and Teodorano. Back at the hotel, a chance to relax on the fabulous Path of Natural Harmony in the Grand Hotel Terme della Fratta and dinner.
Fratta Terme / Rocca delle Camminate / Fratta Terme
Distance: 70 km (43 miles) – Altitude: (850 m)
Beautiful cycle tour in the hills of Romagna where Benito Mussolini was born. In the afternoon, we will have the opportunity to taste typical local wines and food in a wine cellar in Fratta Terme. Relaxing spa experience an dinner.
Fratta terme / Bagno di Romagna
Distance 55 km (34 miles) – Altitude (1070 m)
Guided cycle tour that will take us from Fratta Terme along the Apennine route to Bagno di Romagna. Accommodation in hotel room and lunch at the Grand Hotel Terme Roseo, followed by a relaxing time in the thermal pool and grotto.
Bagno di Romagna / Camaldoli / Bagno di Romagna
Distance: 80 km (49 Miles) – Altitude: (930 m)
Beautiful bike tour in the streets of Tuscany. We will visit the old monastery and Hermitage of Camaldoli. Come back in Bagno di Romagna in the afternoon for visit the Chocolate Factory with tasting. Free access in the spa, dinner and overnight in Grand Hotel Terme Roseo.
Bagno di Romagna / Poppi / Passo della Consuma / Firenze
Distance: 95 km (miles 59) – Altitude: (1860 m)
Fantastic bike tour in the hills and mountain of Tuscany. We will climb Passo dei Mandrioli and Passo della Consuma to see the Poppi Castle. Arrive in the old town centre of Florence for a typical lunch. We come back in Bagno di Romagna with Private Transfer.
Private transfer to Bologna airport.
7 days / 6 nights
The price includes:
- 6 nights in two different 4*S hotel in double room in half board with a Spa Formula deal: free access to the Path of Natural Harmony in the Grand Hotel Terme della Fratta, the thermal pool and natural thermal grotto at the Grand Hotel Terme Roseo
- free access to the gyms in both hotels
- spa Kit comprising bathrobe, bath towel, swimming cap and slippers
- daily drink from the mini bar
- 1 extra lunch at the Grand Hotel Terme Roseo
- 1 guided visit in Winery with tasting
- 1 guided visit in Chocolate Factory with tasting
- 1 guided tour in Camaldoli monastery
- 5 packed lunch with 2 sandwiches
- 2 snack bars, 2 mineral salts, fruit and water for every cyclist
- private transfer from/to Bologna airport
- private transfer from Florence to Bagno di Romagna
- support van for 5 days (The van is equipped with first aid kits and bicycle pump and support for small repairs)
- professional cycle guide for 5 days
- daily 24 hr english assistance
The price does not include:
- air flights
- bike rental (upon request)
- beverages during the meals
- hotel room taxes
- anything not quoted above in (see included)
Net price Tour Operator per person in double room:
€ 890 minimum 20 people
€ 860 minimum 30 people
€ 850 minimum 40 people
€ 150 single room supplement
€ 120 bike rental